THE BEST CANDIDATES FOR BHT PROCEDURE ARE THE PATIENTS WITH ABUNDANT HAIR IN SUCH REGIONS ASCHIN, CHEST, BACK OR LEGS.
The body hair transplant is the procedure in which body hairs are taken from the abundant donor hair present on beard, chest etc. for transplant to the scalp. This is done by scarless FUE technique as day care procedure .There is about 1 million hairs present on the body.
Person having high grade of baldness such as class 7 may not have enough donor hairs at the back and side of the scalp (only 12500 hairs out of permanent 25000 may be transplanted). So the BHT is the only option for hair restoration for such cases. Now with the advancement in technique and better tools, the follicular unit extraction method can utilize the body hairs as a donor site for transplant to scalp area.
ADVANTAGES OF BHT
- The most common use of body hair as a donor site is when traditional donor scalp hair supply is exhausted.
- The BHT can be used to feather out hair line making it more natural by cherry picking thin and soft body hairs esp. in the people with strong and coarse scalp hairs.
- Body hair is an excellent filler to increase the density for use in between the thin density of scalp hair.
- Body hair can be used for eyebrow transplant as they almost similar in terms of lighter color, thinner diameter and slow growth as compared to scalp hair.
- Donor recharging or Donor add on density of the scalp area by BHT especially in cases. When the scalp donor area is very thin